Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

For Jill

I only have one sister.

Growing up, there were times I wished for a brother, or for a different sister, but most of the time, I liked her, and we got along fairly well. More than anything, I've always tried to protect my little sister. Now, as adults, we're good friends, despite our very different lifestyles. Jill turns 24 this Saturday, and I've been working furiously to finish her present, Twiggy Tweed.

Details:
Twiggy Tweed, by Missa Hills
Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool Merino (dark brown)-.5 skein, RYC Cashsoft DK in Kingfisher, 1 skein
Size 7 straight needles
Time: A little over one month
for Jill
Mods: I striped the strap for extra funk, and I lined the inside with a neat fabric I found, rather than a t-shirt, as the pattern suggests.

The fabric gives it the right amount of fun.
Also, I used velcro to fasten the middle of the opening, and sewed the edges together, to make the opening a little smaller (so Jill's stuff doesn't fall out).

So, happy birthday, sister. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! I need to make one of those...some day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a sweet picture. I like that you striped the strap of the bag!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails