Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Santa Fe: stash and WIP update

Good morning! Sarah and I are in Santa Fe. We arrived Sunday and we've had such a wonderful trip so far. We've had amazing food, met lots of nice people and of course, purchased stash enhancements. Yesterday, we visited 2 local yarn stores, Miriam's Well and Needle's Eye. Each one had great selection and very knowledgeable owners. At Needle's Eye, I bought some patterns and this:

Araucania Nature Wool, 4 skeins, Rust
I'm not sure what it will be, but the color is gorgeous with slight variations.
At Miriam's Well, I bought two types of yarn: Crystal Palace Taos in Sedona, 2 skeins

and Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patine, 8 skeins, 4 each of honey and faded blue

I've been working on my SOmething Red and Yellow, although the progress seems slow as the rows get longer and longer.

We've had fantastic luck with restaurant choices. I've eaten some green chile chicken stew, blue corn cheese enchiladas, potato crusted salmon with leeks, and a wonderful calzone. Mmm. I've also tried a couple of local beers, always a plus. :)
Today, we're driving to Taos and tomorrow, we head to Albuquerque.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails