Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Sewing with birds

It's addicting. The projects move quickly, the fabrics are intoxicating, and the results get better every time. Since my last post, I've completed three more projects.
First up, another zipper pouch:

I streamlined my zipper installation and things went much more smoothly this time. I love this fat quarter I got from Joann's, and the one I chose for the lining:

The inside is so bright and I think it works well with the bold outside print. I suppose this will be a gift, or maybe I'll keep it for myself!

Next, I made another tote bag. It's so sunny!

I used coordinating Timeless Treasures prints that I purchased on etsy. They came in the mail last Thursday and by Saturday, I used up two of the three fat quarters. I love the birds!

Here's the last sewing FO:

I just finished it last night, and I'm gifting it to my aunt. Her birthday is next week, and I'll be visiting her at the end of the month, so the timing is perfect. Again, I love the birds. The exterior fabric is Joel Dewberry, and I used two coordinating fabrics for the trim, straps and interior. I didn't add pockets to this one, as I felt the birds were bold enough to stand on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails