Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

New found love: Ishbel

I've jumped on the Ishbel bandwagon. I've admired Ysolda's patterns and style for months, and after completing Liesl last month, and loving it, I decided to try another of her designs. Ishbel has been in my queue practically since it was published, back in January. Last night, I debated which stash yarn to use, and it came to me: I could use a yarn that would also fit into the second phase of Project Spectrum. I cast on last night and I'm almost through the first ball of yarn. This yarn is something special.
I purchased it from Woolgirl sometime last year. It's Unique Sheep Gradient sock yarn in Lemon-Lime Spritz. There are four skeins, each one hundred yards, and the color ranges from orange to green. I love the way it's knitting up so far, and after a few hours of work last night, I'm only 8 rows from finishing the stockinette portion. However, since the pattern only calls for 330 yards, and I have 400, I may increase the stockinette portion by a few rows. Hopefully, the lace goes as smoothly for me. I'm visiting my grandparents this weekend, so I should be able to devote some time to this. It provided me with just the satisfaction I needed last night.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh...I bet that will look fantastic with the gradated yarn. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start! This is going to be a fun one - the colors so suit the Lemon-Lime name. Enjoy your knitty weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails