Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quilt blocks

Earlier this week, I finished the first quilt blocks for the do.Good Stitches bee. Jenn of all trades is the quilter for January, and she requested crazy nine-patch blocks in muted greens/browns.

"Comfort" January blocks

I'll be sending them to Jenn this week.

I also started a fun new project of my own. Using Oh Frannson's Spiderweb tutorial and some scraps, I'm making these squares:

New project: Scrappy Spiderwebs

I have two squares finished, and I've cute the scraps for many more. I think I can make at least four, possibly six. I'm still not sure if I'll make a pillow or a wall hanging, but I love the way they're coming together. It's fun to try new techniques!

Up next, I've got first quilt progress to show you.

6 comments:

  1. spiderweb blocks are on my list of things to try. yours looks fab and great idea to do a small version first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your color combos. Your quilting prowess is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I love those spiderweb blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those! I hadn't seen the crazy 9-patches before, they're very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your quilting posts lately! It's funny, seems like more and more of the "knitting blogs" I follow have needed to be re-categorized in my Google Reader into the "sewing blog" category.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohhh, very pretty (I especially love the colors in those first two!).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails