Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Embroider-bee Progress

I'm one month from my deadline on the embroider-bee. To refresh, I make four quilt blocks with embroidery and patchwork for four different people, and I get four blocks (from the same people) in return. I've only completely finished one block, but I am nearly done with the next two. I feel pretty good about my chances of finishing on time. Just like in college, I work pretty well under pressure (aka, I'm used to procrastination!).

The block I've completed is here:

Finished embroider-bee block #1

I used a Sublime Stitching pattern (from the stash), which I definitely want to stitch up again for myself! The scraps are from the stash, and I really love the little pieces!

Stitchy closeup

Here's a closeup of the little guy. Love!

Another sneak peek

Here's a sneak of the second block. I finished the stitching, but I don't want to reveal until I finish the patchwork. You can see a little sneaky peek of the stitching, though. I drew this one myself, so I promise, it's not too complicated!

Sneak peek

Here's a pretty big peek at the third block. I purchased this design from theflossbox on etsy. You can find some really cute designs in her shop. I would love to stitch the state sampler set someday.

Speaking of embroidery, I'm completely smitten with these pillows.

8 comments:

  1. That owl is too delightful! That block looks like a perfect blend of embroidery and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that owl is amazing. Very awesome colors, Jacey. Someone is going to swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, excellent stitching! and thanks for the link to that shop; their patterns are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like such a cool project. love the owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, now all i can think about is why is Buffalo in the completely incorrect area of NY in the sampler? that is just wrong.

    your embroidery is pretty and almost makes me wish i didn't detest handsewing so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing!! That owl is fantastic, I love that he's (she's?) purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blocks are great! I absolutely love the owl. This makes me want to pick up yet another craft (now I just need to find the time!).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails