Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

FOs: Jane Market Bags

This Jane Market Bag pattern is so much fun to make.
The proof? I've made four so far, with promises to make at least another three.

FO: Jane Market Bag

This one is for me, and I used Outside Oslo fabric by Jessica Jones for the exterior and pockets. The interior is Alexander Henry's Dasha, and the straps are Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley.

I also made two similar bags using a Joann's home decor fabric I found on sale last year, as well as some awesome green Echino, and an Anthology balloon print for the lining.

FO: Jane Market Bag

I gave one to my sister and kept one for myself. I couldn't part with the sunglasses (or at least a piece of them).

Love

I just love the green and purple combo!

Choosing the fabric for a project is definitely my favorite part, and I loved coming up with these combinations. The bag comes together very quickly.

I followed the pattern pretty closely, but I did make the straps longer on the last bag.

As written, the straps are not long enough to carry the bag on your shoulder, which I prefer.

Try the pattern for yourself, and you can grocery shop in style!

10 comments:

  1. such great bags! it's nice you have wonderful fabric to use too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look awesome! You have a great eye for matching fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! both are really awesome. Does it have any interior pockets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those market bags are both so gorgeous!! I love the grey and yellow colours of yours, and the green glasses fabric is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! You have such a knack for finding gret fabric; I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beyond cute. I love the fabrics you put together. You have such a good eye for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I love the print you used on the pocket of the top bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these!! I bought the same FQ set by Jessica Jones! I framed 2 of the prints for my gallery wall...now I just need to figure out what to make with the rest of the material!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails