Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

FO: Pips Baby Blanket

When I first started playing with my charm pack of Sherbet Pips fabric, I didn't know what I would do with the finished project. Then Weezalana posted that she was pregnant. I knew it would be a good gift for her, so I volunteered to send her something homemade. I just got word that she has received the quilt, so it's safe to blog about it now.

Olias and the Pips

This was my first time working with half square triangles. They're pretty versatile. I loved rotating the triangles around, trying to pick a layout. I like the Kona Medium Gray with the bright Pips fabrics. It provides a little balance, I think.

FO: Pips Quilt

To keep things simple, I decided to do some diagonal quilting in just one direction.

I had one difficulty when I was quilting (a little bit of bunched up backing), and the unfinished project sat in time out for a couple of weeks. After unpicking a few rows of quilting, I got back on track.

Binding

For the binding, I chose this Paula Prass print that I've had in the stash for a few years. I think it's a great binding choice (dots always work!).

FO: Pips Baby Quilt

I don't have a picture of the entire back, but it's mostly Kona Medium Gray with some of this Amy Butler Honeycomb print, which I used up making this backing.

FO: Pips Baby Quilt

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with this quilt, and I hope Christine and her new little girl enjoy it.

9 comments:

  1. aw, fun quilt! fun quilt! i love the Pips fabrics and your aqua solid choice is genius.

    hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...wait. now i see that it's gray. either way, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love HST's too, you did a great job with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt so so much. That fabric is so darling. And of course your skills are as impeccable as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I like the design you chose! Pretty kitty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the quilting is on the opposite diagonal. I have yet to quilt in diagonals. I'm a wimp for just following the seam lines or something else easy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! One day I *will* learn how to quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It came out great! I know it'll be well-loved!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails