Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Food Friday

This is what's for dinner

Sunday night, I made this seared tilapia for myself. Elliott doesn't really enjoy fish, but when it's just me for dinner, it's a favorite. I added some of my recently made tomato jam to the fish as it finished cooking. I love roasted broccoli, but since I didn't have any fresh, I just used steamed broccoli to go with it, along with some couscous. Man, I love couscous. I grated a little fresh parmesan over everything, because, yeah, why not?

I recommend giving the tomato jam recipe a try. It's the perfect way to use up a giant pile of tomatoes. It's a smoky, sort of sweet thickened sauce, and is also delicious on ciabatta.

One of the many uses for homemade tomato jam

I will definitely make more before the summer ends.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that looks good! Lucky for me I just finished breakfast or I'd be trying to eat the screen.

    And that green from last time is gorgeous! But will it ever get cold enough in Texas for you to actually wear the scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just had salmon for dinner! Your food looks delicious. Maybe you should cook for us at the Summit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a yummy and healthy dinner! nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you posted the link to the tomato jam recipe! your email got buried and I definitely want to try it...maybe this weekend...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails