Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Getting ready

I'm making a list of the things I need to bring with me to the Sewing Summit, and I'll definitely be bringing along my new laptop sleeve:

FO: Outside Oslo Laptop Sleeve

I love it, and I'm so glad I chose to match my favorite Jane Market Bag, which I'll also be bringing along. I used Oh Fransson's tutorial shared on Sew Mama Sew. It's a quick and easy tutorial, but I skipped the fusible fleece, just because I didn't have it on hand.
Sometimes, my impatience gets the best of me. Instead, I used a flannel fabric, and lightly quilted both exterior pieces.

Along with the amazing bag Rachel made for me, I should be set! Ah, I'm really getting excited about the trip.

Now, one thing that did not get finished (or even started), is the pajama pants I kept talking about. I kept putting it off, mostly because I knew there was going to be a great deal of improvisation necessary, and it just felt like too much work. Eventually, I will have a pair of foxy pajama pants, but not for the Summit.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, no! How will I even recognize you without the foxy pajamas, wink. Just goes to show you're always giving - dressing your laptop before yourself. So sacrificial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, bummer on the foxy pajama pants! Have a great time at the summit though. That laptop sleeve is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the matchiness! Can I go ahead and request a pair of pajamas? I mean, once you finish yours, of COURSE!

    Love you sister! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric! I finished my name tag today but still no bag! Tomorrow will be busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you'll be everyone's envy at Summit with those things you are bringing! Have a lot of fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great laptop sleeve! too bad the pjs didn't make the list, but i'm sure you'll be styling regardless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that laptop sleeve looks so professional!! Have fun at the summit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the laptop sleeve. I might have to think about something like that for my work laptop, which I'm sure is going to be a hulking beast. Oh, I'm spoiled by my apple products!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails