Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

do.Good Stitches

I joined do.Good Stitches in January, 2011.

These were the first blocks I completed in the bee. I remember being a little daunted by these blocks at the time. I was new to quilting, still getting the hang of things like, seam allowances. I'm not sure that all of my blocks were good enough in those first few months. But I had fun, trying new techniques and block designs. I learned a lot and gained confidence. I made new friends in the sewing world. I found new sources of inspiration.

I made quilts. And in some small way, I contributed to others.

A quilt can represent comfort, warmth and maybe even home.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I keep wondering if maybe i should join some sort of quilt-a-long that would do those very things for me...inspire, challenge, contribute, gain confidence and experience. if you have a suggestion of one that maybe would be good for a beginner, I'd welcome it...of course I couldn't do anything until next fall and my schedule may preclude it until I stop this intense fieldwork...but never hurts to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many beautiful FOs! I personally love the bright greens in your first photo. Glad you have learned a lot and enjoyed the experience. (sjn821 on Rav)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails