Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Nicke's Fantastic Quilt Voyage

I just finished my contribution to Nicke's Fantastic Quilt Voyage, and it was inspiring! Nicke's pinterest board is full of soothing images with a very limited palette. I was particularly moved to recreate this image by Brandon Heller on flickr.

I made four string blocks (two shorter by 1.5") to recreate the door panels. I then joined them using additional string scraps.

I really love how the block turned out, and I can't wait to see how this quilt takes shape. Oh, and if you haven't already, you should definitely check out what Holly made for this quilt. AMAZING.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you recreated the door in your block, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails