Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

FO(s): Lazy Sunday quilts (on a Friday)

Instead of talking about why I haven't posted in awhile, how about I show you some quilts?

FO: Beachy Lazy Sunday

FO: Mint Chocolate Chip Lazy Sunday

I've been crafting up a storm, and I finished this set of quilts for my step-mother a few months back.

Terri gave me free reign on the pattern and fabrics, just requesting quilts with a chevron look, one in brown & mint and another in brown & light blue. I chose to work May Chappell's Lazy Sunday pattern. This pattern was part of the gift bag at the Stash Bash two years ago, and I was happy to finally use it.

It's a great log cabin project, and one I would definitely make again! Although I started both versions simultaneously, at some point, it made more sense to concentrate on finishing one, and then the other.

FO: Beachy Lazy Sunday

I quilted them in the same way, using diagonal straight lines, and I love the effect. These are twin-size quilts, so quite an accomplishment! I especially love the backs.

Beachy Lazy Sunday back

Mint Chocolate Chip back

I used a few leftover blocks and leftover stash to make my favorite scrappy back. These quilts were entirely made from stash (my blue/aqua stash doesn't look as if I touched it).

Personally, I love the light blue version.

I've been working on lots of other things, and I promise to visit this spot more often, and I hope you will, too!

5 comments:

  1. You actually got me to look at a blog! That never happens anymore. The light blue and brown one is especially yummy. You've been a powerhouse with sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are seriously beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - love the colors! I also really like your outdoor shots to show them off!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails