Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

WIP: Exploration Station

I've been more interested in knitting than anything else lately.

Exploration Station WIP

This shawl is partially to blame for that.

Exploration Station beginnings

After purchasing some Hedgehog Fibres sock yarn in the amazing Dragonfly colorway, I chose three stashed skeins to complete the plan. The short row section was enjoyable, but then I stalled out for a few weeks before attempting the brioche. I watched a few videos, and was gradually getting the hang of it. Unfortunately, I skipped a stitch somewhere, which threw off the brioche pattern. I ripped out the section and restarted. Now, the brioche feels more comfortable and looks amazing!

Exploration Station brioche

It's so squishy and awesome!

6 comments:

  1. The colors are beautiful and your work looks like perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh -- I'm starting one of these this fall...yours looks so great!! i didn't realize that part of the shawl was brioche...a technique i want to learn but haven't yet. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are enjoying knitting this and so nice to see that you are making a brightly colored variegated yarn work! I usually love knitting shawls, but then never wear them. I'm trying to correct this, so either need to wear shawls more or knit things I'd wear. I already have a lot of cowl choices. ;-) (sjn821)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned to knit when I was 23 and knitted a couple of sweaters. I know - crazy to start out with a sweater. Well, I somehow got distracted and never picked it up again. On of the great things about learning to quilt and discovering quilting blogs is seeing how many quilters also knit. I am getting the itch to pick it back up. Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails