Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

WIP: Diamonds

WIP: Diamonds

A few months ago, I got an itch to make some string diamonds, after seeing this instagram post by Ramonarose.

Bella

Strings are always fun to work with, and I happen to have an abundance of them. It's funny how that happens. And after fourteen full blocks (which is 56 rectangles worth), a dent has not been made.

Helper cat

That's okay! There are more blocks to make, and this has me itching to make another string project when I finish the diamonds. I love them! Each rectangle (quarter block) is 10.5" x 5.5" unfinished, and most strings are 1.25" or less wide. There are a few wider strings for variety.

WIP: Diamonds

It's so colorful and it makes me happy every time I make a block (or more realistically, a stack of blocks).

9 comments:

  1. I love the look but I just can't bring myself to save strings for very long. I'm not sure why. I'll spend hours cutting up scraps into usable pieces and then turning them into scrappy quilts but strings drive me nutty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly, girl! this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so super good and scrap happy! And Hello Olias! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! Are you sewing them to something for support?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah! These are looking SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!! Are they sewn to a foundation of any sort?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and questions! I try to respond to every comment. If you are a no-reply blogger and would like a response, please leave an email address in your comment. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails